1. If a pattern says use a pressing cloth with a specific interfacing, it is best that you follow this instruction.
2. If an iron, whatever the cost, says "self clean", that is exactly what that means...YOU will clean it YOURSELF, with a heck of a lot of elbow grease.
3. When heated, Goof-Off smells just as bad as when it is cold.
4. Vinegar does not clean everything...specifically said iron.
5. If you don't have plain vinegar but apple cider vinegar, try it. When mixed with baking soda, it makes a fun bubbly mix but still doesn't clean crap off of said iron! But the good news is, when warmed, the concoction kinda smells like bread is baking.
6. I don't really need fingerprints anymore. As long as I don't plan to be murdered anytime soon, they are only useful in identifying a body.
I think this is about enough lessons I need for a day but if anyone has a sure fire way to remove gluey residue from an iron, please leave me a comment. Also, check out what I am in the process of making below. It is a nice little ironing board caddy (how ironic) from sew4home. You can check out the link in my pinterest.
Until next time,