Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Addictions....obsessions....OCD...oh my!

Why oh why are there things that we start doing that we have to obsess over?   I will list a few examples for you.  Grey's Anatomy for one.  I never once watched the show during the past 7 seasons that it has been on.  But now, thanks to Netflix, I am addicted....addicted from the beginning.  At least I was able to pull my husband into this obsession with me and he is watching along!

Even greater than Netflix or Grey's Anatomy is Pinterest.  Have you seen it???  If not, you are SO missing out.  It is the best invention since, well sliced bread.  Let's start from the beginning.  I have a million "favorites" on my computer and that is probably not an exaggeration by too much.  Do you know how hard it is to go back and find one page from a million links?  Yes, I am sure you do! :)  OK so now comes Pinterest and you can "pin" all of these links and pictures and recipes and basically whatever you want, to your boards that you can use to organize everything and anything.  It is spectacular for lack of a better word and FREE.  Yes, that is the key word...FREE.  Someone actually created a product that I can use to organize my chaotic life for free.  There is always a catch right....well there is but definitely not in a bad way for once.  The catch is that you can actually see everyone else's pins which when starting out can be overwhelming but after you get the hang of it, it is great.  You can follow other people's boards, repin other's posts to your boards, or just ignore them and move right along.  I have to admit that there are not a lot of ignores happening because people are posting incredible recipes from blogs, adorable pictures, killer DIY things, oh and did I happen to mention that this is FREE!!!!  And I wonder why I can't sleep....I dream Pinterest.  Oh, another little tidbit, it has an app for your iPhone so yeah, even when I am away from the computer, I am watching for new things.  It is honestly one of the best things to hit the web since....since.....since I don't even know, maybe Facebook.  One small downfall is that every once in a while you will get a "Server busy" error but I am sure that they didn't expect the extreme volume of peeps to be logging and pinning as quickly as it has caught on so I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt that this too will be fine soon.  If you want to pin any of my pics there, I would be honored!  If you want to follow my boards, again honored. 

Let me know if you experience any problems or have any feedback but I hope to see everyone out there.  (I know Heather already is!!!)

Keep dreaming and reaching for those highest stars.  Until next time....
Mamalou (Lisa)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts