Thursday, March 17, 2011

Late....Story of my Life!

OK...I know that I said that I would TRY to post each day,  I tried, I promise!  I just had a few obstacles that got in my way so I will blame them.   I think that is fair!  My baby Briar turned 16 on Sunday.  I can hardly believe he is 16.  It makes me feel old, old and tired...lol.  He has tried my patience over the last year so I was kind of unsure if him or I would really make it to this momentous occasion but we did! :)   He has ADHD and I have always said he got that from his Dad but I really just need to admit that I have it also.  With my past jobs in the student loan industry, it has always helped me multi-task but the older I get, the more "off-task" I tend to get.  BUT, the good thing is that it definitely leads to some of my best creative endeavors.  Some of my new ideas will be posted soon so stay tuned.  I have been working really hard to understand this new cutting program and I have to say that I LOVE it!  I have learned so much from watching Sandy's videos and the first time I cut vinyl (for my van's new logo design), it cut perfectly the first time.  I have been experimenting with the rhinestone designing and have to say I am having a ball.  Again, more to come there and images hopefully by next week. 

Health has been the main culprit of my time lately and I have to admit that I have been doing a lot of sleeping which is only good because I don't think about the pain.  But, I also don't get much accomplished while off in dream land.   The doc seems to think that there is more involved with me than just the "simple" osteo-arthritis and fibromyalgia and we may make some big med changes at my next appointment.  If you pray, say a little prayer as these meds are not kind to the body.  Luckily, I have a wonderful friend, Gina, that has the same syndrome and has been holding my hand through this all.  I am a very lucky girl to have her by my side as we both seem to make each other laugh when we both really want to cry.  Everyone needs a friend like her as she is not only funny, but she is one of the most talented people I know.  She is such a wonderful knitter and I am sure that if I ever lose my hair, she will keep me outfitted with the coolest skull caps a girl could ever want! 

Anyway, many images coming very soon I promise and I hope to get this blog thing down soon....blog rings, blog communities, blog this, blog that.  I never knew there was so much involved just to get peeps to see your work! 

Until next time....keep dreaming big! :)

Love,
Mamalou (Lisa)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts