Thursday, September 15, 2011

Guess What I Did Yesterday?

I really hate that type of question because it is so broad so I am just gonna tell you and not make you try to figure it out.  I have had a rough few days arthritis wise so I really needed to get out of the house.  A few weeks ago while at the St. Charles Fashion Week, I met one of the owners of a local company named "Fabric Co".  They had some gorgeous fabrics on display at the show and if you look back at the posting from the first night of the show, you will see some of the material that they had on hand that evening.  We got to talking and I let them know that I was blogging my way around the show and asked (because it NEVER hurts to ask), if they have any end of rolls or remenents that they would be willing to exchange for some advertising.  Interest piqued!  He explained that most of their discontinued fabrics get moved from the main store in Chesterfield, MO to their sister store "Discount Decorating Outlet" which is only a few miles from the house in St. Charles, MO.  Oddly enough, I had been intending to stop to check out that store for a long time.  Garrett and I played phone tag a few times and eventually caught up with each other yesterday.  He said to go in and speak with Jim and pick out a few different pieces to do some custom pillows.  I was psyched to check this place out.  I walked in the door and was immediately greeted by a couple of sales associates but all I could think was "WOW".  This place was WAY more than I expected.  Because of the name, I thought that they only carried material for decorating purposes, you know, the huge roles of the heavy duty material for re-upholstering and curtains.  They had a huge selection of this stuff but so much more.  They had bins of clothing fabric (suiting, flannel, cottons, etc), rolls and rolls of trims, tons of wall paper and wall paper boarders, carts full of material samples (great for small projects or even scrap quilts), and the list goes on and on.  In addition to the items that have for projects, they also have numerous pre-made items available for sale, such as decorator pillows, small furniture pieces, table top items, and miscellaneous decorator items.  The store had so much stuff that I am definitely going to need to make another trip back there on a day that my 16 year old son and his friends don't want to tag along, although I do think that I have Jim convinced to take him off of my hands and put him to work moving heavy rolls or counting threads in a piece of fabric  :).  Let me show you the items that I picked up.

This is Waverly's print "Tre Chic".  LOVE it!
Mix it with a little pea pod green and I
think a cool pillow is in my future!
Loving this paisley...so colorful

These are the flannels that I picked up
And a couple of cottons
I will start working on these things very soon and will get them posted as I complete them but if you are in the St. Louis area, stop in at Discount Decorating Outlet and let them know that I sent you.  They also have a website available that you can check out.    The info for both locations is below.

Fabric Co
#108 Chesterfield Towne Center
Chesterfield, MO 63005
Phone: 1-855-530-0775

sales@thefabricco.com
info@thefabricco.com

Store Hours

Mon-Thur10am - 6pm
Fri-Sat10am - 5pm
SunClosed



Discount Decorating Outlet

2751 Muegge Rd.
St. Charles, MO 63303
Phone: 636-498-0099


Store Hours
Mon-Fri 10am to 8pm
Sat 10am-5pm
Sun 12pm-5pm




3 comments:

  1. The fabrics you picked are cute. Love the firs one the most:) I just discovered your blog and I am now following you thanks to Finding New Friends, and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
    Also today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday, where you can meet lots of friends and have a great time:) See you there!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog! I wish I had the crafting talent but alas..No. However, I love the fabric swatches and hope to see what you make out of them. Following you back for more on GFC and Networked Blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follows and DIC...I joined up. Let me know if either of you might be interested in the button exchange for October. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts