That is how it looked when I dug it out of the buried crap in the basement, dings all over with a frayed electrical wire. I took off the face and began the cleanup, sanding, washing project to get it ready to be painted. I removed the frayed electrical cord from the back and placed it inside the clock in case I ever decide to redo it.
Let the games begin, or in this place, let the painting begin. Here are a couple of pics of it in process:
|Front w/ face plate removed|
So here is the cost breakdown
Ugly old clock left by ex-husband - $0
Sanding blocks taken from my glass studio - $0
old sponge brushes left over from other projects - $0
Silver metal paint left over from other projects - $0
teal paint "sample" from Home Depot - $2.93
Final out of pocket project cost: $2.93
I am quite impressed at this project and am happy to have it almost done. I should have the final pics by tomorrow and will load them then so come back to check them out!
Until Next Time....