Monday, November 21, 2011

Making Progress on the Love Purse

I must admit that this bag is harder than I anticipated.  I don't know if it is because it is SO much thinker than I am used to working with or if it is just because the material means so much more to me than just normal fabric I pick up at Joann's.  Probably the 2nd one but I want to get it just right.  Here is what I have so far.

HAHA...Yeah, I know, it doesn't look like much but the bottom and sides are completed and this is just the top part next to the picture of the original sweater.  As I think I said before, it really didn't felt up like I wanted it to so you can see the interfacing from the liner.  Once I sew the edges and turn it, it will be able to be seen better but I just didn't want a limp sweater, thus the interfacing.  Also, since I am not using a pattern and just free-styling what I want, it has definitely taken more time along the way so that I didn't mess anything up.  I did use my new serger for a few areas but it seems that even the serger is not exactly liking the thickness of this piece and I have a feeling I might be finishing the handles in areas by hand.  That is ok and I want to be happy with it.

On another note......did you see the Joann's Black Friday specials????  Fleece for $2.99 per yard???  Flannels for $1.49 a yard?  OK, I am so there with my extra special additional 25% off even sale price stuff till noon.  Dawn, you with me?  Yep, that's what I thought! I think we should go now and get a number because you know we might be waiting until 4pm for them to call #2987...lol.   Now, if I could just get my hands on the Hancock Fabric Friday specials.  Has anyone seen them?  

Until next time,
Mamalou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts